Thursday, November 13, 2008

Matt's Chunky Soup Adventure!

So, as you may have read previously, I have made mention to a can of Chunky soup that's been sitting in the elements for quite a while ( 6 months maybe? ) .
My theory, and the reasoning behind the following experiment, is that canned goods are canned goods, no matter what external elements are involved ( provided the seal isn't broken, which it wasn't. If it had been, the deal would have been off )
I also want to note that I didn't do this out of desperation, or anything of the sort. It was done simply to prove a point. Now that that is out of the way, on to the experiment. ( Conducted in the evening of November the 10th, in case you're curious )

Dented, Discolored, Rusty

Ain't that dent pretty?

Not quite as discolored from this side

Only slightly demented, I swear

Yup, still looks like stew. Chunky Stew at that.

Kitty go in the pot!

Looking even more like Chunky Stew.

Even poured myself a glass to wash it down.

Still looking perfectly damned edible

NOM NOM NOM!

The proof is in the pudding

Dessert. Yummy.

So, in the end... it didn't kill me, I suffered no ill effects whatsoever. I have proven my point. Due to the preservatives involved, and provided the seal isn't broken, a can of food is simply a can of food.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

6 months?? dude, I remember that can being out there on the roof of the smoking deck this time last year. Its been out there for at least 12 months.

Fiend said...

Picture 4th from bottom:
Are you referring to the bowl or the ashtry?

Unknown said...

Yes and yes.